Friday, November 5, 2010

Make a Plan, Stan

How-dy all!! That's right! It's "Find My Butt Friday." (At least that's what I'm gonna call it.)

Well, my two swings (of the machete) were to buy a scale and measuring tape, then weigh and measure myself. Yes, I know. It took some real restraint on my part, but I got it done. I am going to post my measurement on a different page.

"Why would you do that?" Hubs asked me when I told him. "Won't you feel embarrassed?"

(No, that didn't hurt my feelings. Deaf bluntness is another post for another time on my other blog)

"Because I want them all to be jealous of my girlish figure." Cough cough, snarf.

Correction. What I really said was "I know if I put them on my blog, I will not lose them. I will always know where they are. And if I forget, I will have my blogging friends to remind me. Plus, it will humble me."

So, look if you like. Just don't laugh. Or if you do, don't tell me. Are we good?

While on my journey through my rain forest this week, I found myself a new friend.


His name is Nick. Nick the Knowing Gnome. He randomly spews out scriptures, quotes, words of wisdom...all related to goal setting, losing weight, and positive thinking. What luck!! It's almost like he was planted there. Just for me. And you. For us.

(Really, I bought him from the dollar store 2 years ago and finally have a reason to use him. But don't tell him that he is really a garden accessory.)

I promised that he could tag along with us on our journey, for moral support. So you will be seeing and hearing from him a lot.

What words of wisdom did he have for me this week?

"If you fail to plan, then you are planning to fail."

One of my biggest challenges is trying to fly by the seat of my pants. In some aspects of my life, this is a blessing. But when it comes to exercising, sleeping, and planning and making healthy meals, you can't just fly.

I've tried it. It doesn't work.

My one change for this week (let's call it Week II) is to make a plan. And not just make a plan. Make a plan and follow it. That sounds super, but it's not that easy, right?

When I was on my mission for my church, I learned that to make a plan is good. But not enough. Take that plan to the Lord. He can bless that plan, help you accomplish the good that you need to do.

And with a plan like that, it is hard to fail!!

SO that's my plan. Make a plan, do all I can to follow that plan and pray the Lord will bless my plan.

What's yours?

2 comments:

  1. My plan...is to loose weight...to count calories...to resist all the wonderful, enticing, indulgent food I love. My plan...well its a good plan. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a brilliant plan! I wonder why we don't include him on all of our big endeavors?

    ReplyDelete