Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Last week, where did you go? Away, all too fast.

I had some great planning sessions. It's the making it happen that I struggled with. I get a little frustrated when life gets in the way. I know, some of it can't be helped. But some of it is about taking the reigns and avoiding the distractions.

I looked at what things I was or wasn't doing that were making me feel like a failure in my life. I wasn't reading my scriptures regularly. I wasn't exercising regularly. I would get half way through the day and I was still in the exercise clothes that I  couldn't change out of just in case I decided to follow through with the exercise. This meant, still no shower. And lastly, I was half way through the day and my house looked like a tornado had hit.

I've decided that I need 2 hours every morning to get all these things done.  Once the kids are out the door, I can sit and read my scriptures while Hubs is still here to distract the hooligans still left at home. Then I clean like a crazy for 5 minutes in each room. This is a good warm up for the exercise that follows. Finally, I shower and am ready for the day. By 10am. In theory.

So this is still the plan I am working on. Life happens, but overall, this is the schedule I am praying for every day.

Now, moving on.

Did I mention that I have 2 bladders? It's true. I am a freak of nature. Why do I tell you this? Because TMI (Too Much Information) is my middle name. Names? Whatever. I tell you this to let you know just how well I am equipped to be successful on my next endeavor.

Water. Lots of it. Lots and lots of it. I am going to make sure that I am getting my daily dose of H2O. Filling up those two bladders of mine. I haven't done much research. Okay, who am I kidding. I haven't done any research. But, here is my educated guess at what water does for our bodies:

It cleans out our system. It's like a water slide where all the bad stuff whooshes out because it doesn't have time to latch on to our innards. All the good stuff, well, they were blessed with suction cup feelers and they are able to latch on and hold tight til the 8oz pass through. What do you think? How's that for educated!

Our body is made up of about 50-70% water. That's a lot of water. Let's be givers and give back what we use. To ourselves.

It helps us feel full. So then the impulse to gorge is slightly less. That or there just isn't enough space left inside us to hold another plate of that cheesy, greasy goodness.

My goal this week is water!

Enjoy!


Jokes.com
Jim Gaffigan - Bottled Water
comedians.comedycentral.com
Jim Gaffigan Hot Pocket VideoJim Gaffigan Bacon VideoAll Jim Gaffigan Videos

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping by Deck The Halls! You are welcome anytime! It's a pleasure to meet you!
    You are inspirational! Happy Holidays to you and your Family!
    Love, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving your kind comments.
    Yes, we are all in this together.
    Water...and lots of it will be on my mind this week!;-)
    Peace...Naila Moon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got a look at that video.
    "Water kick to it!" That is funny right there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to find someone else on the same journey! I just started a blog about my weight and diabetes.
    I enjoyed your sense of humor...something I'm sorely lacking at the moment!

    http://hearingthewhispers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete